I enjoy using a camera to translate my visualization into reality on paper. Visualization is defined as the ability to see in the "mind's eye" the finished work before actual application. It is the creative process of images transitioning from the realm of the reactive and contemplative to the conscious and deliberate. An element of surreal gives the viewer a different perspective on the subject, removing the literal and getting down to the essence of conveying the energy of the subject. For me, the image begins when the work goes beyond merely representing reality and enters the realm of personal expression. My methods are meant to be intentional, whether in the camera or post processing.

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Raining Cats and Dogs

           
                                       

                                                                                           


While driving to visit part of our family vacationing in Michigan, my husband and I pretty much followed a horrendous storm front all the way up to our destination. Pounding rain, lightning, thunder, flooding...it was awful. While my husband drove, I tried to be calm and the only thing that I could think of was to take pictures...always calms me down as I concentrate on what I'm shooting rather than what's happening around me. I made sure to put the iPhone on mute so he couldn't hear the click every 2 seconds :):):) This construction scene caught my eye as the orange color was in stark contrast to the dull color of rain. It was only later when I was reviewing my images, that I saw the truck coming straight at us. Thankfully, no accident and we arrived safely in Michigan to see our family.

(iPhone...Snapseed, Topaz Adjust and Topaz Simplify)

No comments:

Post a Comment