I enjoy using a camera to translate my visualization into reality on paper. Visualization is defined as the ability to see in the "mind's eye" the finished work before actual application. It is the creative process of images transitioning from the realm of the reactive and contemplative to the conscious and deliberate. An element of surreal gives the viewer a different perspective on the subject, removing the literal and getting down to the essence of conveying the energy of the subject. For me, the image begins when the work goes beyond merely representing reality and enters the realm of personal expression. My methods are meant to be intentional, whether in the camera or post processing.

Saturday, October 6, 2012

Red Roof Inn



Mid afternoon bright sun on the church with an approaching storm in the BG really caught my eye as I was driving home yesterday. With the impending storm, I felt the church with its red roof reminded me of a haven from the elements of the weather, a safe place to go, like the Red Roof Inn.

(iPhone...Snapseed and Topaz)

5 comments:

  1. That’s one of the fantastic roofs that I’ve seen so far! The straightforward style of the church makes an impression, and creates a subtle but attractive repetition of its classic lines. And the roof color is definitely a stand out!

    Nelson Mcglaughlin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Nelson, for your comments. Much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The color of the roof has much to do with the building’s appearance as a whole, isn’t it? Also, it has something to do with the insulation of the building. Darker tone roofs absorb the heat from the sun’s rays that leads to a faster aging of your roofing materials. It goes differently with light-colored roof, which reflects the heat, letting the building remain naturally cooler.

    Richard Boles

    ReplyDelete
  4. I must agree with Nelson, that red roof is definitely a looker! I'm so glad that you captured this wonder at twilight—it stood out against the deep shade of blue in the sky. It's wonderful!

    Tiffany Larsen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Richard and Tiffany, for your kind comments. Always appreciate hearing from people about my images. Keeps me interested in my photography!

    ReplyDelete