I enjoy using a camera to translate my visualization into reality on paper. Visualization is defined as the ability to see in the "mind's eye" the finished work before actual application. It is the creative process of images transitioning from the realm of the reactive and contemplative to the conscious and deliberate. An element of surreal gives the viewer a different perspective on the subject, removing the literal and getting down to the essence of conveying the energy of the subject. For me, the image begins when the work goes beyond merely representing reality and enters the realm of personal expression. My methods are meant to be intentional, whether in the camera or post processing.

Sunday, December 2, 2012

Daily Grind



When I was a little girl, I loved to people watch (I still do). I would make up stories of the people... where they were from...where were they going...what were their jobs...did they have family. Some might look at this scene and feel pity....or enjoy the music...or admire the man/dog connection..or embrace his lifestyle. I choose to believe that this gentleman is a married retiree wo is finally able to do what he really wants to do, his dog always his companion, the money he earns in the hat for charity. And every day this is his "daily grind" and at the end of a glorious day, he goes home to his loving spouse for a fabulous meal with a glass of wine. And when he falls asleep, he dreams of his "daily grind" and how wonderful it is.

(iPhone...Snapseed, Blender)

No comments:

Post a Comment