I enjoy using a camera to translate my visualization into reality on paper. Visualization is defined as the ability to see in the "mind's eye" the finished work before actual application. It is the creative process of images transitioning from the realm of the reactive and contemplative to the conscious and deliberate. An element of surreal gives the viewer a different perspective on the subject, removing the literal and getting down to the essence of conveying the energy of the subject. For me, the image begins when the work goes beyond merely representing reality and enters the realm of personal expression. My methods are meant to be intentional, whether in the camera or post processing.

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Broken



It was a very cold, wintry, dreary day as I walked the streets of Brooklyn. I was covered from head to toe with mittens and hats and a downy jacket to keep warm. As always, everyone was looking down at the street or at their cell phone and no one noticed the broken cane by the puddles of water. I wondered what happened. Was the person with this cane ok? Was she/he hurt? Did the person make it home ok? Where was home? I felt a deep sense of sadness as I viewed the broken cane and I hoped that the person was safe and warm somewhere. A quick shot with my iPhone and then onto my destination...wondering all the way...

(iPhone...Snapseed)

No comments:

Post a Comment