I enjoy using a camera to translate my visualization into reality on paper. Visualization is defined as the ability to see in the "mind's eye" the finished work before actual application. It is the creative process of images transitioning from the realm of the reactive and contemplative to the conscious and deliberate. An element of surreal gives the viewer a different perspective on the subject, removing the literal and getting down to the essence of conveying the energy of the subject. For me, the image begins when the work goes beyond merely representing reality and enters the realm of personal expression. My methods are meant to be intentional, whether in the camera or post processing.

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Window SIll Tulips



Another tulip image...this one I decided to treat a bit differently...added some texture and vintage fading in order to create a "long time ago" mood. As I said before, tulips are my fav flowers and I love the whimsical yet elegant flower that can evoke so many different moods depending on how the image is processed.

(Nikon D80...Snapseed, Vintage and Blender)

1 comment:

  1. I love this image...it reminds me of happy times at my grandmother's house during summer vacation.

    ReplyDelete