I enjoy using a camera to translate my visualization into reality on paper. Visualization is defined as the ability to see in the "mind's eye" the finished work before actual application. It is the creative process of images transitioning from the realm of the reactive and contemplative to the conscious and deliberate. An element of surreal gives the viewer a different perspective on the subject, removing the literal and getting down to the essence of conveying the energy of the subject. For me, the image begins when the work goes beyond merely representing reality and enters the realm of personal expression. My methods are meant to be intentional, whether in the camera or post processing.

Thursday, September 19, 2013

Miss Kristen



The other day a friend of mine had posted a shot of boat reflections and it got me thinking about some of my fav boat shots. So, the next few days I will post some of those images. There's something about boats, water and reflections...perhaps a carefree feeling, a feeling of freedom, a feeling of escape, a feeling of wind in the hair, a feeling of good. Old boats are especially liked as they show their age, add character, a worn and torn feel, a seaworthy boat, a weathered friend. Thanks to my friend for reminding me of some of my fav images and places I've been.

(Sony Nex...Snapseed, Topaz)

1 comment:

  1. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this...the softness, the weathered look, the colors. I could photograph only boats and be happy!

    ReplyDelete