I enjoy using a camera to translate my visualization into reality on paper. Visualization is defined as the ability to see in the "mind's eye" the finished work before actual application. It is the creative process of images transitioning from the realm of the reactive and contemplative to the conscious and deliberate. An element of surreal gives the viewer a different perspective on the subject, removing the literal and getting down to the essence of conveying the energy of the subject. For me, the image begins when the work goes beyond merely representing reality and enters the realm of personal expression. My methods are meant to be intentional, whether in the camera or post processing.

Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Beetlemania



If you're like me along with thousands of other baby boomers, the VW Beetle was one of the hottest cars on the market for along time. I have such fond memories with mine. My Dad said no one should ever drive a car that doesn't have the engine in the front...why one could get hurt!!! Anyway, I didn't just have one, I had two and both of them ended up in the trash...kind of like this one! Great cars but not super reliant...at least the ones I had weren't! I went to the extreme on this image with the post processing as I wanted to project a feeling of past, of falling apart, of old memories.

(Sony Nex 5...Snapseed, Photo Toaster, Mextures)

No comments:

Post a Comment