I enjoy using a camera to translate my visualization into reality on paper. Visualization is defined as the ability to see in the "mind's eye" the finished work before actual application. It is the creative process of images transitioning from the realm of the reactive and contemplative to the conscious and deliberate. An element of surreal gives the viewer a different perspective on the subject, removing the literal and getting down to the essence of conveying the energy of the subject. For me, the image begins when the work goes beyond merely representing reality and enters the realm of personal expression. My methods are meant to be intentional, whether in the camera or post processing.

Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Psychedelic



In anticipation of my trip next week to Old Car City, I thought I would post an old car. This is a restored red 1939 Model T truck. And when I say red, it's a bright cherry red completely restored. However, Old Car City has over 4000 cars dating from 1972 and older situated on many acres of fields and forests. The cars are totally rusted out and beyond use.  SO I played around with the red truck in honor of old cars and came up with this! I think it's fun and isn't that what photography should be all about...FUN!!!

(Sony Nex ...PSE 10, Topaz)

1 comment:

  1. I am envious of your planned trip to Old Car City, Beth. It looks like the most amazing place. Can hardly wait to see your images.

    ReplyDelete