I enjoy using a camera to translate my visualization into reality on paper. Visualization is defined as the ability to see in the "mind's eye" the finished work before actual application. It is the creative process of images transitioning from the realm of the reactive and contemplative to the conscious and deliberate. An element of surreal gives the viewer a different perspective on the subject, removing the literal and getting down to the essence of conveying the energy of the subject. For me, the image begins when the work goes beyond merely representing reality and enters the realm of personal expression. My methods are meant to be intentional, whether in the camera or post processing.

Saturday, February 2, 2013

Rocky Morning


This image was shot on the same day as my other foggy images in Brooklyn along the East River. What captured my eye in this image was the monotone view with a touch of the tan grasses and a bit of the green grass in the BG....a nice contrast to the otherwise monotone shot.

It's been a while since I posted or even picked up the camera. I am a tax preparer and of course, this is my busy time of the year. I probably won't be posting too much in the next few weeks but I do appreciate all of you who visit my website. It is much appreciated! Keep checking back as I will get my act together!!! :):):)

(Sony Nex 5...Snapseed)

1 comment:

  1. I agree, Beth. Love the monotone spiced up with the splash of rich tan grasses.

    ReplyDelete