I enjoy using a camera to translate my visualization into reality on paper. Visualization is defined as the ability to see in the "mind's eye" the finished work before actual application. It is the creative process of images transitioning from the realm of the reactive and contemplative to the conscious and deliberate. An element of surreal gives the viewer a different perspective on the subject, removing the literal and getting down to the essence of conveying the energy of the subject. For me, the image begins when the work goes beyond merely representing reality and enters the realm of personal expression. My methods are meant to be intentional, whether in the camera or post processing.

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Winter Blahs



I continue to strive to create images that have meaning or feeling to the viewer. This one seems to resonate with me in a dark, somber way. I created the image with 3 separate images layered and processed with Nik, Topaz and Blender. In viewing this image, I contemplate February cabin fever or winter blahs as some like to call it. Either way, the finished image is what I envisioned when I started the post process. I'm excited in the way that my images are starting to reflect my vision of the final product and for me, that's 3/4ths of the fun of the creative process. Thanks for looking!

(Sony and iPhone...Nik, Topaz and Blender)

No comments:

Post a Comment