I enjoy using a camera to translate my visualization into reality on paper. Visualization is defined as the ability to see in the "mind's eye" the finished work before actual application. It is the creative process of images transitioning from the realm of the reactive and contemplative to the conscious and deliberate. An element of surreal gives the viewer a different perspective on the subject, removing the literal and getting down to the essence of conveying the energy of the subject. For me, the image begins when the work goes beyond merely representing reality and enters the realm of personal expression. My methods are meant to be intentional, whether in the camera or post processing.

Saturday, July 27, 2013

Challenge #3...Luminous Flora



I have been following Marc Garrison's photography and I really like his vision. He uses multiple images to converge on one another, thus, his "Convergent Media" portfolio. This is my first attempt at doing something similar to his work. I took the coneflower shot and after much processing and blending, I came up with this. I blended the original image several times using different blending modes, then added a texture, and then the tulip. I love to view other photographer's works as it gives me ideas and inspires me to continually "up my game" and knowledge. I think the image is "fair" and  it definitely needs work, which will be on my to do list in the next week!

(Sony Nex...Topaz, PSE10)

No comments:

Post a Comment