I enjoy using a camera to translate my visualization into reality on paper. Visualization is defined as the ability to see in the "mind's eye" the finished work before actual application. It is the creative process of images transitioning from the realm of the reactive and contemplative to the conscious and deliberate. An element of surreal gives the viewer a different perspective on the subject, removing the literal and getting down to the essence of conveying the energy of the subject. For me, the image begins when the work goes beyond merely representing reality and enters the realm of personal expression. My methods are meant to be intentional, whether in the camera or post processing.

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Challenge #5...Lily Pulitzer (aka My Mom!!!)



If you've ever visited the Maine shores down through Cape Cod and all the way to Palm Beach, you've seen Lily Pulitzer clothing. Her brand was very well known among "the socialites" vacationing by the seashore. Soon, Lily Pulitzer dresses were worn by the "common" women and my Mom was one of those women who loved Lily's simple dresses. And this image reminds me of my Mom..a snippet of fabric taken from her collection! Blended the original image with some Nik solarization, then placed on top of the original blending to overlay and then cropped. To me this image has a summery aura that makes me feel "pretty and feminine"...just the way Lily liked it! And no, my Mom is NOT Lily!!! But she loved her clothes.

(Sony Nex 5...Nik, PSE)

No comments:

Post a Comment