I enjoy using a camera to translate my visualization into reality on paper. Visualization is defined as the ability to see in the "mind's eye" the finished work before actual application. It is the creative process of images transitioning from the realm of the reactive and contemplative to the conscious and deliberate. An element of surreal gives the viewer a different perspective on the subject, removing the literal and getting down to the essence of conveying the energy of the subject. For me, the image begins when the work goes beyond merely representing reality and enters the realm of personal expression. My methods are meant to be intentional, whether in the camera or post processing.

Saturday, July 20, 2013

Ready



I had the privilege of photographing a firehouse in Dunreith, Indiana last weekend. My husband was on the RAIN ride and I was a SAG (support vehicle). I didn't have much time to spend at the firehouse but for a few brief moments, I was touched beyond words to see up close the firehouse and the firemen's belongings...ready for whatever the day may bring. What struck me was the orderly and neat premises and their belongings. Every thing had its place, including the boots and helmets. What I love about this image is obvious...the one red helmet among the black .I started to question the fireman about this but he got busy so alas, no answer. Guess I'll just have to go back there someday!

(Sony Nex...Snapseed, Photo Toaster)

No comments:

Post a Comment